No products in the cart.
3XS – SIMMER STYLE SLALOM BOARDS
Designed by the legendary Italian shaper Aurelio Verdi who has over 20 years experience designing market leading slalom boards. In the past 5 years his boards have won more Mens PWA Slalom Titles than any other shaper. The Simmer 3XS features some radical shaping concepts to provide a perfect balance between control extreme acceleration and top-end speed. All necessary to win any slalom race. The outline is crafted to give to the board maximum control in all conditions. With a step tail configuration the 3XS jibes extremely smoothly and re-starts quickly while also maintaining control in high speeds. The outline becomes more parallel towards the middle to keep a wider nose which is important to generate early planing.
The carefully constructed rocker-line is crafted for the highest top speed possible and superb release under the foot. Each size features a unique rocker-line and volume distribution. We have done extensive testing in all types of conditions in order to achieve the unique feeling with each of the sizes. They are extremely fast and remain controlled in all conditions. The dual step cut-away shapes reduces the water contact area while producing the same lift, while the fin gains traction and the board locks on to its fin. Effectively the tail can handle all the power you can throw at it. Minimal drag for maximum speed, with maintained control.
3XS 96 – HIGH WIND
– V from tail to nose with a subtle double concave.
– Parallel outline with a rounded tail to make the boards really efficient.
– Deck concave more forward focused than other boards because the concave is in balance with the flat section of the rocker curve in the bottom.
– Deck concave for stiffness and added control.
– Due the to rocker line and deck concave the 96 has a longer rail in the water, which effectively makes the boards faster with more control.
– Less tail cut-out on the 96 L to create a balanced lift in all conditions.
106 / 116 – MEDIUM WIND
– Progressive V-hull, with a climax of the V at the middle.
– Parallel rails in the middle of the outline for maximum speed and a narrow tail for smooth gibing and high top-end speed.
– Deck concave for stiffness and added control.
– The deck concave from the front foot.
– Less section of flat rocker compared to the 96 L, this means that the rails and the tail start to work earlier.
– Dual level cut-out in tail.
– Less surface in the water even thou the outline is wider outline for earlier planing.
– The cut-out also allow the rider transfer all the power possible into the tail without loosing control.
126 / 136 – LIGHT WIND
– Shorter and wider than the smaller sizes.
– Scoop line if flat from tail to front foot, then a smooth curve to the nose.
– V-shape begins at cut-outs with a climax at the center with a deep V.
– Extremely early planing.
– Small winger before back foot to help exit from gybes in full speed.
– Depp dual cut-out for water release.
// Maximum control in all conditions.
// Rocker curve for a controlled ride, increases average speed and gives better top speed.
// Dual level tail cut out for quick water release and maximum speed.
// Concave deck for optimal stiffness.
// Unique rocker curve on all sizes.
This top quality and technologically advanced high-spec Biax Carbon, has a perfect weight to stiffness ratio as a result of its very fine weave and dynamic flex. For extreme stiffness the bottom features 30 degree Bias Carbon and PVC sandwich and for strength the deck features 45 degree Bias Carbon with double PVC sandwich for durability. For optimal load distribution and durability the construction features a PVC stringer in the spine of the boards. The rails are re-enforced with direction carbon to create optimal stiffness to weight ratio. We have shaved off every possible gram using a thinner layer of brushed paint. The artwork is applied with water-based tattoo stickers, very light-weight with beautiful bold colors. Even the non-slip has been reduced where it is not needed.
We also use a self regulating Goretex © Airvent which allows air to pass back and forth between the foam core and the exterior of the board, whilst being completely water proof. The double layer membrane of Goretex on either side of a rubber O-ring prevents pressure build up inside the board, minimizing the risk for de-lamination caused by over pressure inside the board.
|96||232||62||Delivered without fin||Tuttle box||5.8-7.8||5.7 kg|
|106||231||68.5||Delivered without fin||Tuttle box||6.2-8.6||6.0 kg|
|116||231||71.5||Delivered without fin||Tuttle box||7.0-9.2||6.2 kg|
|126||228||83||Delivered without fin||Deep Tuttle||7.8-9.6||7.0 kg|
|136||228||85||Delivered without fin||Deep Tuttle||7.8-10.0||7.4 kg|
106L, 116L, 126L, 136L, 96L